Friday 17 March 2017

Day 10 of 10 a day

The last day of this ridiculous challenge!


I'm joking but of course this has been a challenging thing.  Eating 10 different fruits and vegetables a day for 10 days in the quantities recommended by "official guidance" has been a challenge for my body, my mind and my wallet.  So I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy to be on the last day.


Still one last day to go and if you've lasted with me this far kind readers, thank you!

Breakfast

I had a breakfast bowl of yogurt, grapes, blueberries and raspberries with walnuts and honey.  3 of my 10 a day already.

Snack

I needed refuelling after a long run so had an apple and 30g of raisins.

Lunch

I was out and about today and had a very naughty and fruit and vegetable free hotdog.  The joy was though that I also popped into a supermarket and they had a range of 80g packs of fruit.  I had some pineapple sticks, some melon sticks and some watermelon sticks meaning I still managed 3 portions.

Snack

Naughtily I then had a cake and also some biltong.  Don't judge me!  It was a food filled day!


Dinner

I finished the day with some Teriyaki Salmon with a salad.  Although this salad contained pepper, cucumber and sugar snap peas, it was only 80g in total making one portion.  I followed it up though with a portion of strawberries and cream.

So did I manage it on my last day?  Yes again although unlike other days, I was really hungry all day, possibly due to the exercise or maybe because my diet was so fruit heavy.

Breakfast - 3 portions
Snack - 2 portions
Lunch - 3 portions
Snack - 0 portions
Dinner - 2 portions
Total - 10 portions (9 fruit and 1 vegetable).  

I hope you will join me in my journey, I will keep you posted by the day on how it's going and put links below so you can read more about my experience:

Day 1 of 10 a day
Day 2 of 10 a day
Day 3 of 10 a day
Day 4 of 10 a day
Day 5 of 10 a day
Day 6 of 10 a day
Day 7 of 10 a day
Day 8 of 10 a day
Day 9 of 10 a day
Day 10 of 10 a day
10 a day, what did I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.