Wednesday 8 March 2017

Day 1 of 10 a day

Wow, what a day to chose to start this challenge; a day when I was eating away from home for two meals.  I do like to make life hard!

Breakfast

I started the day with a breakfast of Honey Skyr mixed with a large handful (approx 80g of each, I didn't have scales) of blueberries and black grapes.  Delicious but surprisingly for me, it didn't fill me up so I followed it up with a small piece of sourdough bread with jam.  2 portions of fruit done.

Lunch

The sourdough and the skyr kept me going until lunchtime when I picked up an Edamame Bean salad (easily 1 portion) and a large mixed fruit salad of pineapple, plum, apple, grapes, blueberries and lots more followed by a pain au raisin (I'm weak).  Despite some of the fruits being "repeats" on my breakfast, I still think that was 2 portions at least making me up to 3 portions for lunch.

Snacks

I did find I had an afternoon slump after running around all day so had an apple and later had 80g of raw sugar snap peas while waiting for my dinner to cook.


Dinner

I had this very simple chickpea (garbanzo bean), chorizo and red pepper dish.  As I'd not eaten pulses earlier in the day, this meant the chickpeas and the pepper all counted giving me two portions.  I would normally have eaten the lot but today I stopped at half the recipe (which was enough for a portion each of the chickpeas and pepper) and followed it up with a generous bowl of raspberries and cream (1 portion).

Total:

Breakfast - 2 portions
Lunch - 3 portions
Snack - 2 portions
Dinner - 3 portions
Total - 10 portions - 6 fruits and 4 vegetables

10 a day, done!  Fitting in the sheer quantity of fruit and vegetables without just excluding a lot of everything else is going to be a challenge.

I hope you will join me in my journey, I will keep you posted by the day on how it's going and put links below so you can read more about my experience:

Day 1 of 10 a day
Day 2 of 10 a day
Day 3 of 10 a day
Day 4 of 10 a day
Day 5 of 10 a day
Day 6 of 10 a day
Day 7 of 10 a day
Day 8 of 10 a day
Day 9 of 10 a day
Day 10 of 10 a day
10 a day, what did I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.