Sunday 12 March 2017

Day 5 of 10 a day

Yesterday was tougher than I expected and part of the reason was starting the day with only one portion at breakfast rather than two.  The key to getting 10 portions in a day is definitely to have no fewer than 2 with every meal, 3 is even better.



Breakfast

Having learned my lesson from yesterday, I started the day with another of my breakfast bowls, this time with strawberries, grapes and walnuts.  A delicious 2 portions.

Snack

I snacked healthily today on 40g raw sugar snap peas and 40g cucumber.  Two different vegetables but only 1 portion.


Lunch

I had a fantastic idea.  I still had some vegan bean chilli in the freezer so put a sweet potato in the oven and I had the most fantastic lunch which was 100% vegetables.  Add some cheese as well if liked and eating dairy.

The portion I had was a quarter of the recipe so it contained half a bell pepper, 100g tomatoes and 160g beans per portion.  So even without thinking about the other vegetables in the recipe, it's definitely 3 portions, with the sweet potato, a mighty 4.  Normally I am a big fan of meat chilli in a jacket potato but by swapping to a sweet potato and a vegetarian chilli, it easily increases the vegetables by 2-3 portions.

Snack

I had an afternoon snack of a cereal bar and some raisins, the raisins took me up another portion.


Dinner

I had this delicious cauliflower and pea curry, a fantastic vegan way to 2 of my 10.

So how did I do?
Breakfast - 2 portions
Snack - 1 portion
Lunch - 4 portions
Snack - 1 portion
Dinner - 2 portions
Total - 10 portions (3 fruits, 7 vegetables)

Interestingly I expected to feel super healthy with this maxed out fruit and vegetable diet.  At the moment on day 5, I don't.  My skin doesn't look great and if anything I feel a little bloated and bunged up (graphic I know).  I will stick with it and see whether it just takes a while for things to settle down.  I think part of it is the sheer quantity in my diet.  It's an awful lot of food eating 10 a day if you're going to eat anything else.

I hope you will join me in my journey, I will keep you posted by the day on how it's going and put links below so you can read more about my experience:

Day 1 of 10 a day
Day 2 of 10 a day
Day 3 of 10 a day
Day 4 of 10 a day
Day 5 of 10 a day
Day 6 of 10 a day
Day 7 of 10 a day
Day 8 of 10 a day
Day 9 of 10 a day
Day 10 of 10 a day
10 a day, what did I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.