Friday 10 March 2017

Day 3 of 10 a day




Three days in and the 10 a day is still not easy but becoming routine.



Breakfast 

The third day started with Bircher Muesli.  As I'm allowing myself the NHS definition of "fruits and vegetables", the raisins counted towards my 10 a day making my breakfast a healthy 2 portions.

Snack

Having grapes after raisins isn't cheating right?  Well the NHS didn't say so so I'm counting my 80g snack of grapes.

Lunch

Edamame bean salad (3 portions) followed by a portion of pineapple.

Dinner

Lamb wraps made with griddled lamb, griddled peppers (80g), raw tomatoes (80g), two tsp hummus, chilli sauce and two small wholemeal wraps.  (2 portions).

Snack

After a workout I had a snack / pudding of raspberries and blueberries which weighed 120g meaning I had 1.5 portions.


So overall I've had:

Breakfast - 2 portions
Snack - 1 portion
Lunch - 4 portions
Dinner - 2 portions
Snack - 1.5 portions

Total - 10.5 portions (5.5 fruits, 5 vegetables)

Sorry to get graphic but one side effect is I've noticed I'm going to the toilet more regularly.  This is probably a good thing and not unexpected.  There's a lot of fibre!

I hope you will join me in my journey, I will keep you posted by the day on how it's going and put links below so you can read more about my experience:

Day 1 of 10 a day
Day 2 of 10 a day
Day 3 of 10 a day
Day 4 of 10 a day
Day 5 of 10 a day
Day 6 of 10 a day
Day 7 of 10 a day
Day 8 of 10 a day
Day 9 of 10 a day
Day 10 of 10 a day
10 a day, what did I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.