Saturday 9 May 2015

Fruit Salad with Lime and Ginger Dressing

Occasionally I want something really full of fruit for breakfast but this would be equally good as a dessert.  Zingy, fresh and full of great stuff.



Fruit Salad with Lime and Ginger Dressing - Serves 1

Ingredients
Fruit
I used pineapple, honeydew melon and raspberries

Dressing
2 tsp honey
Juice of 1/2 - 1 lime depending on how zingy you like it
Grated zest of 1 lime
1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger

Method

Prepare the fruit and put into a bowl.

Reserving a pinch of zest, mix the dressing ingredients together.



Pour over the fruit and finish with the reserved zest.

My body was calling out for this today and after a 8.5 mile run yesterday, I was surprised I wasn't craving protein.  All of the fruits are fantastic sources of vitamin C (as is lime obviously).  Vitamin C is a good vitamin for healing.  Although I didn't knowingly cut or bruise myself, my body probably has small tears and damage being repaired right now, my muscles are certainly aching.  Raspberries are a good source of manganese which helps form connective tissue.  Traditionally ginger is an anti sickness cure.  Not sure that applies but certainly I woke up this morning lacking in my normal zing.

It might sound crackpot but I am convinced that if you listen to your body and feed it what it's asking for, you sometimes find out some logical connections between the food you ate and the food your body needs.  Either that or I just eat reasonably healthily and your body never needs a Krispy Kreme.

A quick request.  I have been shortlisted for the Britmum's award in "Food".

Only 10 bloggers have been shortlisted and only 5 bloggers out of the 10 will make it to the final and I'd love your vote to help get me there as it's a massive long shot, my blog is less than a year old and is a pretty small thing.  Please take a moment of your time to vote here for "Eat Like You Love Yourself" (it's very simple, you just need an email address and they don't spam you.  You can vote from a PC, laptop, tablet, mobile phone... however you like.)

Added to recipe of the week.

Link up your recipe of the week

4 comments:

  1. Love this; I never think of making a dressing for fruit salad. I bet it's delicious.
    Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am addicted to melon and pineapple just now. I'd never have thought to add lime juice, but will give it a bash next time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.