Monday 4 May 2015

Whole Prawns with Garlic and Chilli

I am a sucker for a reduced section and in my local shop they have a decent fish counter, the majority of which gets packed up for the reduced section for bargain hunters like me.  I am not normally a fan of reduced fish but these prawns looked great, firm, bright eyed so I snapped them up.

Ordinarily I would have got out the barbecue and making this on the barbecue would be lovely but it seemed like too much faff.  So a quick treatment in the pan was in order.



Whole Prawns with Garlic and Chilli - Serves 1 with other dishes or as a starter

Ingredients

4 very large prawns (shrimp)
1 clove garlic
1 dried chilli

To serve
Lime
Coriander (cilantro)
Coarse salt

Method

Dry fry the prawns in the non stick frying pan.  When nearly cooked you can, if liked splash in a little water.  Mine took approx 8 minutes to cook.  Near the end of cooking, add in the chopped garlic and chilli and cook until the garlic is cooked.  Serve squeezed with lime and sprinkled with salt and coriander.

Peel the prawns and eat, finger licking is obligatory.


A quick request.  I have been shortlisted for the Britmum's award in "Food".  I'm so happy!  Only 10 bloggers have been shortlisted and only 5 bloggers out of the 10 will make it to the final and I'd love your vote to help get me there as my blog is only a tiny wee thing.  Please take 2 minutes of your time to vote here for "Eat Like You Love Yourself".


I've linked up to Recipe of the Week.

Link up your recipe of the week

2 comments:

  1. I love prawns, this sounds like a really tasty meal. Will have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.