Thursday 7 May 2015

Pan con Tomate

I love pan con tomate (or pa amb tomaquet) when I'm on holiday.  It elevates the most humble sandwich or toast to something so much more.



Pan con Tomate - Serves 1

Ingredients

2 slices of nice bread, e.g. sourdough, slow fermented breads etc, you can even do this with a baguette and make a lovely sandwich.
Clove garlic
2 tomatoes
Olive oil
Sea salt

Serrano ham or chorizo slices to serve

Method

Slice the bread and rub with the peeled garlic.

Put into a frying pan (without oil) and fry either side until warm and starting to toast.  Halve the tomatoes and rub over the bread discarding the skin and the outer flesh.



Top with a drizzle of oil, a pinch of salt and ham or chorizo if liked.  Serve for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, hell I could eat this all day, it's my kind of food!

oOo

Please help!

A quick request.  Today is a day of voting and I have been shortlisted for the Britmum's award in "Food".  I'm amazed that Britmums have shortlisted me.

Only 10 bloggers have been shortlisted and only 5 bloggers out of the 10 will make it to the final and I'd love your vote to help get me there as it's a massive long shot, my blog is less than a year old and is a pretty small thing.  Please take a moment of your time to vote here for "Eat Like You Love Yourself" (it's very simple, you just need an email address and they don't spam you.  You can vote from a PC, laptop, tablet, mobile phone... however you like.)


Added to recipe of the week.

Link up your recipe of the week

2 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious. A bit like bruschetta which is one of my favourites #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite similar. It's very big in Catalan regions which is why I've included the Catalan "pa amb tomaquet". Everywhere seems to do it slightly differently but in general it's not quite so tomatoey as bruschetta. You will see versions online which do look closer to bruschetta but I've never seen it served like that in any part of Spain.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.