Wednesday 20 May 2015

Flavoured Water

Water.  Well it's just wet isn't it?

I've never been great at drinking loads of water, even though I know I 'should', it's meant to be great for your health and weight loss.  Soft drinks, juices are getting an increasingly bad reputation.  This is just a way to make water more interesting and it's pretty lovely.  Play around with different flavours.  Mint, lemon, berries, spices...

Think of all of those bottles of "flavoured water" you can buy with artificial flavours, sweeteners, £1 or more a bottle.  This is mostly from your tap, makes you feel virtuous and I intend to have a bottle with me of something lovely all summer!



Flavoured Water

Ingredients

Half a lime
Approx 5cm, 2 inches cucumber
Few sprigs basil
Water

Method

Slice the lime and cucumber and put into a jug, add in some sprigs of basil and top with water.



Put into the fridge and leave for an hour or two if you can to infuse.  Serve.

I've linked this up with Weightloss Wednesday.


Sim's Life

I've linked this up to recipe of the week.


Link up your recipe of the week

And because it's so gosh darn healthy I've linked it up to the healthy, happy, green, natural party blog hop. 

Live It Up at the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party Blog Hop #68

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea and recipe to give water some flavour! I am a sucker for bottled water, dislike tap water unless it's with juice so always have some chilling in the fridge. Though will try this really refreshing idea! Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday - hope you can link up again soon! Sim x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about some ginger and lemon for tomorrow. That's so going to work!

      Delete
  2. This sounds gorgeous, my 12 year old is a big water drinker and she loves to make drinks - mint lemonade is her favourite at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh sounds interesting! I was thinking of something fizzy next.

      Delete
  3. Hi Heidi,
    I am hooked on fresh lemon and water in the morning but I need to try other flavored waters as well. Thank you for sharing your healthy and delectable Flavoured Water recipe with us at the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party! I am pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, I've got a few more ideas as well.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.