Friday 1 May 2015

Prawn Cocktail

Oh so retro.  To be followed by a steak and a black forest gateau... possibly!  Well the 70s are back if fashion magazines are to be believed, so why not?



Prawn Cocktail

Ingredients

Salad
A large handful of lettuce, iceberg is traditional (and I used this in the jar), I've used red cos on the plate below
3-4 small tomatoes
1/2 Avocado
Approx 100g, 4oz Cooked prawns (shrimp), defrosted if frozen

Sauce
2 tbsp Mayonnaise (lower fat if liked)
2 tsp Tomato Ketchup
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
A few drops Tabasco

Method

Prep the salad.

Mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco.



Either top the salad with prawns and drizzle the dressing over the salad or mix the dressing in with the prawns and serve, sprinkled with paprika if liked.

Let's face it, however you serve it, it still looks retro but it does taste really nice.  Classics are a classic for a reason.

I've linked up to Recipe of the Week.

Link up your recipe of the week

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, thanks for bringing this over. This is now on my shortlist for a feature. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not exactly short of prawn recipes. One of my favourite foods!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.