Tuesday 26 May 2015

Baked yogurt

This is a great way to use up a bit of yogurt in the fridge.  I have to admit I did have some because I've recently discovered proper Greek yogurt for my very berry breakfast bowl and have been spoiled for the "Greek Style" stuff.



This is a delicious and filling breakfast or pudding and great warm or cold either with fresh berries or on it's own.

Baked Yogurt - makes 2

Ingredients
2 Eggs
1 tbsp Runny honey
125g, 4.5oz Greek style or thick yogurt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 rounded tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
Nutmeg

Blueberries and / or viola flowers to decorate (optional)

Method

Preheat the oven to 170oC, 350F, Gas Mark 5.

Whisk all ingredients together except for the nutmeg.  Pour into two ramekins or small oven proof dishes.  Top with a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg.


Bake for approx 15 minutes or until cooked through with a very slight wobble.  Serve either as it is for a comforting lightly sweetened yogurt custard or top with fresh berries.


I've linked this up to Real Food Friday.

I've linked this up to post comment love.


Post Comment Love

I've linked this up to recipe of the week.


Link up your recipe of the week

I've linked this up to the August cooking with herbs challenge which is all around herb (and other) flowers.
Cooking with Herbs Lavender and Lovage

25 comments:

  1. I've never tried baked yogurt before, much give it a go! (Although we NEVER have greek yogurt to use up - my boys go crazy for it!) Thanks for sharing #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried baked yoghurt but that sounds amazing. I have a whole fridge of yoghurt so will give this a try later
    #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, saw this at Real Food Fridays and had to come take a peek. I've never had baked yogurt but I eat Greek yogurt every day so I'm definitely giving it a try with some berries on top. Great recipe and lovely blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the complements, they've made my day!

      Delete
  4. Oh brilliant!! A new breakfast for me on the GAPS diet. Thank you so much. I shall look forward to that in the morning (minus the fruit at this stage)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of the GAPS diet. What things are you allowed? I will try and help if you like? It's interesting, although I'm not on a diet per se, there is something which is feeling so right about eating more yogurt in my diet. I'm feeling good on it.

      Delete
  5. What a unique recipe. I love yogurt and I make my own raw yogurt. This sounds quite tasty. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays. Pinned & twitted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heidi, living in Greece we go through a lot of thick Greek yoghurt. I love it with frozen berries, seeds, honey and cinnamon. I would never have thought to bake it like a custard, but will be trying this recipe for sure!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've not eaten enough cinnamon recently. I used to love the cinnamon boiled sweets you could buy in Greece when I was a child.

      Delete
  7. I've never thought to bake yoghurt before but it looks so pretty and I love yohgurt too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes, this sounds so delicious! I've never thought of baking yougurt. Lightbulb!

    .:Marta:. @petiteraisin.ca

    #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heidi,
    Just a note to let you know that I have chosen your post as one of my features on Real Food Fridays blog hop that goes live tonight @ 7pm EST. Thanks for sharing and being part of Real Food Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, i have never heard of baked yogurt. I love yogurt so this is definitely something I should try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A BEAUTIFUL recipe thanks and such a FAB photo too! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heidi, I am so going to give this a go! Merry Xmas, Carole
    PS thanks for the flower identification too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.