Friday 15 May 2015

Watermelon and Feta Salad

Watermelon salad might sound like an odd concept but remember tomatoes strictly speaking are a fruit.  The sweetness of the watermelon with the saltiness of the feta and peppery leaves is a bit of a joy.  Give it a go.




Watermelon and Feta Salad - Serves 1

Ingredients

175g, 6oz watermelon
80g, 3oz Cucumber
A lovely chunk of crumbly feta, mine weighed 75g, approx 2.5oz
A handful of rocket (arugula)
Drizzle of cider vinegar
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil

Method

To make the salad less wet, I deseeded my cucumber.  To do this, cut lengthwise then run a teaspoon down the centre, scooping out the seeds and wet pulpy part.

Slice the cucumber and cut the watermelon into a dice.  Dice the feta.



Assemble in a bowl with the other ingredients finishing with a drizzle of oil and vinegar.  Serve.


Linked to recipe of the week.


Link up your recipe of the week

6 comments:

  1. This looks DELICIOUS!!! I love contrasting flavours - especially in salads - so am definitely trying this one. Pomegranate seeds are my newest salad obsession, have you tried those? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 of my favourite greek ingredients together, yum! Popping over from Recipe of the week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've tried it before but never had the right balance but the peppery flavour of the rocket adds something.

      Delete
  3. One of my favourite delicious! #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.