Wednesday 29 April 2015

White Chocolate and Raspberry Layer

I'm desperately trying to not call this a trifle.  I hate trifle.  Now I've offended half of my readers, I need to say why.  I love cake.  I have such a problem with loving cake.  I mean I really love it, more than my waistline does.  I am a bit of a Sherry fan, I even went on holiday to Jerez last year and fell in love with Solera.  I like fruit, I eat masses of it every day.  Custard?  Hell yes!  What's not to love?  Cream?  Give me more!  I'm a dairy friendly kind of girl.

But together...?  No I don't get it.  The fruit fights with the custard.  The cake gets lost, the excessively sweet sherry (rather than the complex deliciousness possible in the best sherries) is a thump of sugar and alcohol around the face and it's just so heavy.

So this is something a bit different.  Zingy fruit, delicious cream cheese, only 4 ingredients and 10 minutes work, if you can call it work...


White Chocolate and Raspberry Layer - Serves 1

Ingredients
Use either metric or imperial measurements
50g, 1.5oz White Chocolate
125g, 4oz Low Fat Quark*
A few drops vanilla extract
Approx 20-30 raspberries

Method

Melt the chocolate in a microwave, it should take around 1-1.5 minutes.  Do stir occasionally and check it a few times.  I once knew someone who managed to burn chocolate in a microwave, it is possible.

Add the quark into the chocolate, mix a bit then add in the vanilla extract.


Layer up the cheese mixture with the raspberries and then serve.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


Oh yum!

*  Quark is a low fat soft cheese.  If you can't get it, try low fat cream cheese or ricotta, the results will be slightly different but still delicious.

So absolutely not a trifle.  Is it a parfait?  What is a parfait?  No idea.  Whatever it is it tastes lovely.


oOo

A quick request.  I have been shortlisted for the Britmum's award in "Food".  I'm absolutely stunned and hugely flattered.  Only 5 bloggers out of the 10 will make it to the final and I'd love your vote to help get me there.  Please take 2 minutes of your time to vote here for "Eat Like You Love Yourself".

oOo

I've linked this to We Should Cocoa on Tin and Thyme and Lavender and Lovage and their Vanilla and Chocolate challenge

We Should Cocoa



I've also linked up to Recipe of the Week.

Link up your recipe of the week

16 comments:

  1. Voted! I love that this dessert is GF, I am going to try to try it (best intentions, and all that...) this weekend for 'date night'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JL, it wasn't intentional but a happy accident. Great if you are a cheesecake lover but can't eat the base.

      Delete
  2. Haha! It's definitely not a trifle ...But whatever you call it it's going to taste as delicious! Such a delicate dessert and right up my street :-D
    CONGRATULATIONS on the #Bibs2015 shortlist nomination :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks, I'm dead chuffed!

      Delete
  3. VOTED too and thanks so much for adding this to the We Should Cocoa vanilla extravaganza! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, it was so strange, I'd just written and posted this recipe when I don't make many desserts, then saw your linky on chocolate AND vanilla! Thanks for voting, I really appreciate it. My blog is still tiny so your support means loads.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness this sounds absolutely delicious what a treat! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing!!! I'm definitely going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely simple dessert, will have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy, I love raspberry and white chocolate together. Visting from #recipeoftheweek! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works so well, the creamy with the tart.

      Delete
  8. Well I'm not sure I'm with you on the trifle issue, but this looks like one glorious dessert. You've presented it so beautifully, I just love the contrast of colours. It sounds as though it tastes quite nice too ;-) Thanks for joining in with We Should Cocoa.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.