Friday 31 July 2015

Sticky Grilled Salmon

I don't say this lightly.  This is OMG tasty!  A delicious way to eat salmon.  Quick tip, line any tray you use with foil, the excess coating will burn, also it's a good idea to open a door to the outside.



Sticky Grilled Salmon - Serves 1

Ingredients

120g, 4oz fillet of salmon
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tsp honey
1 tsp soy sauce or tamari to make gluten free
2 tsp sweet chilli sauce

Method

Mix the sticky, delicious coating together then coat the salmon.  Put under a hot grill and grill (broil) the salmon for 6-8 minutes or until cooked enough.  For my liking, I like salmon to be only just off translucent in the centre rather than cooked until it's dry but cook it to your liking.


Serve with rice, quinoa or a salad.  So OMG delicious.  So lovely.  Tuck in!

I've linked this up to recipe of the week.


Link up your recipe of the week

6 comments:

  1. Good tip with opening the door, I'm know to have the occasional smoke alarm incident (usually when the boys are taking a nap!) so I'll have to make sure I follow your advice.

    I love the sound of the flavours you added to the salmon, I'd imagine they go perfectly.

    Popping over from #RecipeoftheWeek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and oh yes, there is a reason I've not blocked off the door from my kitchen... In all seriousness, you pay money to run an extractor fan, a door can be just as good.

      Delete
  2. I love salmon and this sauce is similar to a teriyaki type...yummy. Just picked up some at the market and plan on doing a miso glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally tasty :) Could I pop it on a bed of mashed potato too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I wouldn't, a bit too Asian for mash.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.