Monday 6 July 2015

Pea and Ham Frittata

Frittata is a fab thing to use up the stuff in your fridge.  It's great warm or cold and fantastic for a picnic.

Pea and ham frittata


This is a vastly simplified version from most recipes which is a bit like a baked omelette but imagine it more as a quiche without the pastry.

I've used frozen peas but if you would like to use fresh, go for it, just cook them lightly first.

Pea and Ham Frittata - Serves 2 (leftovers are great in packed lunches)

Ingredients
70g, 2.5oz Good smoked ham (I used black forest ham)
100g, 3.5oz Peas, defrosted if frozen (and blanched if fresh*)
3 eggs
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
60g, 2oz Grana padano (or vintage cheddar if you prefer)
Spray oil

Method
Preheat the oven to 180oC, 350F, Gas Mark 4.

Line a pie dish or similar with baking paper and spray with spray oil.

Chop up the ham.  Mix the egg, milk, cornflour and grated cheese.  Mix in the ham and peas.  Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle shows the mix is cooked.

Allow to cool until just warm or cold and serve.

Great for a picnic.

*If you don't have time to wait for peas to defrost, quickly blanch them in boiling water and immediately run under the tap.

I've linked this up to Pick and Mix Fridays



A Cornish Mum



I've linked this up to recipe of the week.


Link up your recipe of the week



I've also linked this up to credit crunch munch here and here.

Credit Crunch Munch

8 comments:

  1. I've never actually made a frittata. It looks yummy. I will have to give it a go, especially with picnic weather upon us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of frittatas are cooked in a frying pan then baked, this is so much easier. I hope you enjoy.

      Delete
    2. Well I had a go using almond milk, plain flour, bacon and soya cheese and it worked very nicely! Probably not as good as if using cornflour, but I didn't have any left. :-)

      Delete
    3. Brilliant! It's great you can make it milk free too!

      Delete
  2. Your frittata looks delicious, I love the idea of baking it in the oven. Popping over from #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it much easier and no risk of overcooking one side!

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks absolutely scrummy, I think despite severely lacking kitchen skills I might have to have a try of this one! Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix lovely,

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.