Friday 24 July 2015

Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary

This was a lovely chicken dish which cooked away while I went for a run but would also be great for a Sunday lunch for one.



I've made enough for two here but watch out and for tomorrow's recipe there will be a great leftover salad.  Fab for picnics or for a work lunch.


Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary - Serves 2 (or 1 with leftovers)

Ingredients

500g, 1lb Chicken pieces; I used a mixture of thighs and drumsticks
1 lemon
4-5 cloves of garlic
A few sprigs of rosemary
Seasoning

Method

Put the chicken pieces into a baking tray.  Squeeze in the lemon juice and nestle in the lemon halves.  Cut the whole garlic cloves in half and put in the tray.

Add the needles from the rosemary and season.

Bake at approx 190oC, 380F, Gas Mark 5 for about 40 minutes or until cooked through (going for a run while it's cooking is optional!)

Serve with vegetables and the garlicky lemon juices.  By this point you can also eat the garlic cloves which will have softened and become less pungent as they cooked.

Linked up to Pick and Mix Fridays.


A Cornish Mum


I've linked this up to recipe of the week.


Link up your recipe of the week

6 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me so hungry! I really need to get better at cooking, I'm not a natural chef at all sadly!
    Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix,
    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this looks lovely and has made me hungry, thanks for linking to #PickNMix

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful. I make a Greek chicken that uses a lot of lemon and we love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I remember having some lovely potatoes in Greece with lemon and loads of olive oil. It's one of those taste memories I will have to recreate sometime.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.