Wednesday 30 September 2015

Quinoa and Fig Salad

I love quinoa.  I know that's so uncool nowadays but it does taste great, it's a great source of protein and a great foil for a nice vinaigrette.



Quinoa and Fig Salad - Serves 1

Ingredients

30g, 1oz Quinoa
2 Figs
40g, 1.5oz Courgette (zucchini)
30g, 1oz Seedless grapes

Dressing

1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp White wine vinegar
2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil

Method

Boil quinoa following pack instructions until fully cooked.  Drain, rinse with cool water and allow to cool.

Finely dice the courgette, slice the grapes in half and chop the figs.  Mix with the quinoa.

Mix the dressing together and either put on the salad if eating immediately or put into a bottle or jar to put on the salad later if taking to work for lunch.


Enjoy adding seasoning if liked.

I've linked this up to the happy, healthy, green and natural blog hop.

Live It Up at the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party Blog Hop #86


4 comments:

  1. Now I know what to do with my Quinoa :) Do you think it will survive a plane journey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dry Quinoa, yes. Made up in this salad? Maybe 2 hours without refrigeration but better with an ice pack although keep them below 100ml, not sure frozen counts as "not liquid" and I wouldn't be about to argue with security personnel about anything, even if I'm right!

      Delete
  2. I am a quinoa lover, so I could eat this dish every day! I love the addition of figs. I don't use them enough! Thank you for sharing this healthy and delectable Quinoa and Fig Salad recipe with us on the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.