Saturday 11 April 2015

Hazelnut Crusted Salmon

I love salmon and since nuts are back on the menu, I decided to mix up my usual, unhealthy treatment of fish with hollandaise sauce (delicious though it is) and have it with a herb and hazelnut crust.



Hazelnut Crusted Salmon - Serves 1

Ingredients

1 salmon fillet, approx 100g, 4oz
A few sprigs parsley and a few leaves of basil
10g, 1/3oz Hazelnuts
Oil

Method

Preheat an oven to 200oC, 400F, gas mark 6.

Oil some greaseproof or baking paper.  Put the salmon fillet on top and top with the chopped fresh herbs, pressing onto the fillet.

Chop the hazelnuts by hand using a sharp knife and press onto the top of the salmon fillet.

Bake for approx 12-13 minutes (depending on the size of your fillet).  The salmon is cooked when the flesh is opaque.

Serve with green vegetables. 

Linked to recipe of the week.



Link up your recipe of the week

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of this, a lovely twist on salmon. Will have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Salmon and have never done it like this before. I have bookmarked and can't wait to try it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go, I might even try mix up different nuts

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.