Saturday 6 June 2015

Melon and Apple Smoothie

Melons at this time of year can be glorious, sweet, juicy but prone to having half eaten and the half at risk of being overripe.  This is a great way to use up overripe melon.



Melon and Apple Smoothie - Serves 1

Ingredients

1 apple
Half a galia melon (or similar type of melon), very ripe.  Mine weighed 400g, 14oz with seeds and skin
60ml, 2 fl oz Apple juice
A large pinch of ground (powdered) ginger

Method

I don't have a smoothie maker so to give my traditional blender a chance, I grate the apple (including skin but discarding the core).



Peel and deseed the melon and chop into pieces.  Add both to the blender with the apple juice and ginger.  Blend until smooth and serve.  (If your melon is slightly firmer you might need more juice.)

I've linked up to recipe of the week.


Link up your recipe of the week

I've linked this up to the healthy green and natural blog hop

  Live It Up at the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party Blog Hop #70

5 comments:

  1. Love smoothie recipes! This sounds (and looks) delicious! Pinned to my smoothies board! Dropping in from the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love melon and ginger!! A winning combination that is for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely and there's something about ginger that is just so 'right'. Makes me feel good from the inside.

      Delete
  3. I always love a great healthy and delicious smoothie! I am delighted that you shared your wonderful Melon and Apple Smoothie with us on the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.