Monday 11 July 2016

Day 1 of 7 a day

Day 1 of 7 a day.  How did it go?


Breakfast

I've recently discovered Skyr (Icelandic style yogurt).  This is really high in protein but pretty low in fat.


Skyr Breakfast Bowl

Ingredients

2 tbsp Skyr (or use proper Greek yogurt)
80g, nearly 3oz Seedless grapes
80g, nearly 3oz Blueberries
80g, nearly 3oz Strawberries
20g, just over 1/2 oz Walnuts
2 tsp Runny honey

Method

Just put the skyr in the bowl, top with the fruit, nuts and honey.


After eating I felt really full.  This was definitely a larger portion for breakfast than I was used to but still, 3 of the 7 knocked off the list already.  I'm fortunate though that I'm doing this challenge in July.  In winter, the berries would be more expensive and lacking in flavour.  

Lunch

Lunch was out on business so I plumped for a salad with chicken and honey and mustard dressing followed by an apple.  At least two portions of fruit and vegetables.

Dinner

This was a preprepared salad of 80g of cooked lentils, 80g of chopped cucumber, about 80g feta cheese cubed and an oil and vinegar dressing followed by 80g of cherries.

How do I feel?

My world feels ruled by a set of scales and the number 80!  If anything I feel fuller than normal.  I've eaten very little in the way of starchy carbohydrates and as a result have reached 8 portions of fruit and vegetables with relative ease.

But this is only day 1...


If you'd like to read about my journey, please click on the links below:

Why am I eating 7 fruits and vegetables a day?
Day 1 of 7 a day
Day 2 of 7 a day
Day 3 of 7 a day
Day 4 of 7 a day
Day 5 of 7 a day
Day 6 of 7 a day
Day 7 of 7 a day
What did I learn by eating 7 a day for a week?

Linked up to recipe of the week


Link up your recipe of the week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.