Thursday 9 June 2016

Time to grow

I've been spending a lot of time reflecting recently about life.  Frustrated about some aspects of it, delighted with others.


But I came to one conclusion and it is something I used to say a lot when I was younger.  If you don't like your life, change it. 

But change can be hard, change can be unsettling and change can be hard to maintain.  I wonder whether the fear of change goes back to those primitive brains.  Change means danger, change could be scary, change will be bad.

So where do you start?  I suppose by defining what you want.  Whether that is to be fit, to look toned, to get a promotion, only you know what's in your heart.  Then really imagine what that looks like.  What is keeping you from being there?  What could you change to be there?

Sometimes when you're contemplating change, getting a break from the routine can be a good thing to give you a chance to get perspective on your life.

My last bit of advice from my twenty something self which I always forget to take is:
"What would you do if you weren't scared?"

So what do you want to change in your life?

Linked to the healthy, happy, green and natural party hop.

Live It Up at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop #93

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with it, Heidi! Great pic too. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I often think it's a good idea to re-evaluate from time to time.

      Delete
  2. Truer words are seldom spoken: "If you don't like your life, change it". I too think a lot about various aspects of my life and what I would like to change about it. I have always felt that life is a journey and that change is a constant. I am so delighted that you shared your helpful insights and reflections on change and growth with us at the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party! Thank you so much for sharing your gems and for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.