Tuesday 24 November 2015

I want to change the world

I found this photo on the internet recently and posted it on one of my social media pages.



The outpouring of grief after the Paris attacks, I have to admit passed me by.  Not because I was unfeeling but because I was reeling from shock.  It's only now, nearly two weeks later, I feel floored by it.

I don't want to talk about the whys and the wherefores.  I don't understand them.  I have debated them internally for days not knowing what the answer is, what I would do if I was the leader of a country right now.  But I do know I feel scared, scared for my son, scared for the people I love that this is what the world has become.

I'm not Christian, I'm atheist but Christmas is now so much of a secular event that I do celebrate it.  I will, as I do every year at Christmas, give a present to one of the charities which means the most to me.  In previous years I've given to Shelter, Crisis and Homestart.  It's my way of giving a little love at Christmas time.  Please, in this horrible times, I urge you all readers to do something to give a little love.  It might not change the world but it might change one person's life and that is the world to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.