Sunday 1 May 2016

My favourite exercise tunes

I wouldn't describe myself as an exercise nut but in the last 3.5 years, exercise has formed part of my life again when I can't honestly say I'd more than dabbled with it since school years.


I hope things have changed but never being a sporty child at school, the PE teachers were largely disinterested in motivating me to enjoy sport because I was never going to be the best person at it.  Imagine if a maths teacher took the same attitude?  What happened to teaching life skills?

How hard I tried at whatever torture they were trying to put me through (hockey in January for example), it was never good enough because I wasn't one of the naturally talented girls.  Looking back now, it makes me so angry.  Exercise is vital for everyone, not just people who may run for the county some day.  It helps prevent obesity, it is important for cardio vascular health and it is fantastic at improving your mental well-being.  I firmly believe exercise is one of the most important habits to get kids into, however, many of us (me included) missed out.


I am so glad that in recent years there have been several initiatives which have helped people back into exercise, me included.  The ones I would like to mention are; couch to 5K, race for life, this girl can and parkrun.  All of them are non judgemental, accessible and supportive whether you are someone who treats a 5K run as a sprint or just finishing it without walking is a major achievement.

What keeps me motivated?  Sometimes it's difficult, we all have our off days but when it's a morning like today, the sun is shining but it's cool outside, all I want to do is run.

But when the rain is lashing down, the wind is howling or Kelli on Fitness Blender says "it's time for Burpees", what keeps me going?  Music, always music.  So I thought I'd share my older, newer and often eclectic tunes which keep me pounding the streets or jumping around my living room when all other motivation has failed.

Ya Don't See The Signs (Grant Nicholas Remix) - Blade & Mark B

Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj

Move - Little Mix

Hey Mama - David Guetta & Nicki Minaj

Bom Bom - Sam and the Womp

Happy - Pharrell Williams

I'll Be There - Chic

Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm

Channel Z - B52s

Scream and Shout - Will.i.am featuring Britney Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.