Wednesday 11 May 2016

The ultimate fruit filled breakfast

I love filling up with fruit at breakfast, it's a fantastic burst of energy when I'm feeling a bit sluggish.  This is my latest idea and it went down pretty well.


Here's what's great about this breakfast; bags of vitamin C, lycopene, vitamin K, manganese, some folate, fibre and the pumpkin seeds also bag a reasonable amount of iron along with lots of other lovely nutrients.

4 of your 5 a day and you've not even got dressed yet!


Fruit filled breakfast - Serves 1

Ingredients

1 apple
A handful of strawberries
A handful of blueberries
A handful of raspberries
1 rounded tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tsp honey or agave nectar

Method

Grate the apple (including the skin but excluding the core) and place in a bowl with the berries and pumpkin seeds.


Top with honey or agave nectar and serve.


I've linked this up to the plant based potluck party!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    I love to eat fruit for breakfast as well. Berries and apples are so good for us! Presentation is important so I enjoy the way your fruit is portioned in the bowl. It makes the experience of eating this yummy breakfast even better! Thanks for sharing this on the Plant-based Potluck Party. I'm Pinning and Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit is my go to 'breakfast of champions' every morning! What a pleasure it will be to make this healthy and delicious fruit bowl in my own kitchen! I am so delighted that you shared this yummy recipe with us at the Plant-based Potluck Party. I'm Pinning and sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.