Friday 9 September 2016

A cheeky antipasto of figs with blue cheese

I've just come back from Italy and the figs are just starting to ripen.  It made me think about blue cheese with fruit, sweet, sticky honey and the bitterness of walnuts.


Is it an antipasto?  Is it a dessert?  Is it a snack?  I suppose it could be any?  Either way it works.  Add some crusty bread or rocket to make it into more of a meal.

Figs with blue cheese - Serves 1 as a starter or dessert

Ingredients

1 ripe fig
Approx 50g, 1.5oz Gorganzola or dolcelatte
2 tbsp Walnuts
2 tsp Runny honey

Method

Slice the figs and top with the blue cheese, walnuts and a drizzle of honey.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.