Monday 23 March 2015

Meat free week day 1

Today has been ok, not the expert in vegetarian food that I hoped I would be, but certainly ok.

Lunch was pitta stuffed with hummus, cucumber, tomatoes and tabasco.  Pretty lovely actually and really satisfying but I was a little disappointed in my tea.  My aim was a lovely dish of gingery sweet noodles with vegetables but it didn't quite work.


So I'm not going to post the recipe here because it needs to be better, it was 'ok'.  I think that's what I learned today that it's easier to make a meal with meat in and make it nice than to make a vegetarian meal.  Not that vegetarian food isn't tasty, far from it, I just don't think you can be lazy with it.

Still it looked kind of pretty.

I think I also need to be careful to include more pulses or dairy in the dish, otherwise it's very easy to max out on carbs to make it feel more substantial.

I think I need some help.  Any top vegetarian tips you'd like to share?

The lovely thing though was today I had chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, grapes, apple, carrot, pineapple, mange tout and bok choi.  There aren't many days I have nine different fruits and vegetables even though I love my produce.

If you want some better vegetarian ideas, check out my vegetarian recipes here.  I promise to do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.