Tuesday 11 August 2015

Stuffed Courgettes

I was trying to use up the ingredients in the fridge the other day and I had a courgette.  It occurred to me that lots of people might be facing a glut right now and, although I like courgettes and eat a lot of them, occasionally they can slip into the "no I don't fancy that today" category.  Chorizo though makes them the star of the show.



Stuffed Courgettes (Zucchini) - Serves 1

Ingredients

1 medium sized courgette (zucchini)
1 clove of garlic
50-60g, 2oz chorizo
1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1 large tomato, mine weighed 150g, 5oz
3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
Spray oil
25-30g, 1oz Parmesan or other hard cheese

Method

Cut the courgette in half lengthways.



Scoop out the flesh using a teaspoon.


Put the shells into a baking dish.


Spray with oil and bake for approx 10 minutes at 200oC.  In the meantime, cut up the flesh of the courgette, finely chop the garlic and chop up the chorizo into as small a dice as you can manage.  I should have cut it a little smaller to make it easier to eat if I'm honest!

Dry fry the chorizo in a frying pan, add in the courgette and the garlic, fry until it's starting to soften then add in the paprika.  As the courgette starts to take on a little colour, turn out into a bowl and mix in the chopped tomato and chopped thyme.



Spoon into the shells, top with cheese.


Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the courgette is soft when tested with a knife.

Serve with salad if liked.

4 comments:

  1. I made these last night - or almost these, as I didn't have the right sausage or spices so improvised - and WOW were they good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed them (well your version!)

      Delete
    2. Sounds goooood. Will try for sure ☺

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.