Tuesday 31 March 2015

Pasta with Seafood

Pasta with Seafood started out life as Spaghetti ai Frutte di Mare except I had no spaghetti and no clams so I decided to put together what I thought might work, and you know what?  It did, it was delicious.



Pasta with Seafood - Serves 1

Ingredients

1 clove garlic
1 tsp olive oil
approx 7-8 raw prawns, devein if liked
Splash white wine
2 raw prepared baby squid cut into rings 
pinch chilli flakes
3 baby plum tomatoes
parsley to serve
60g, 2oz Pasta (I used fusilli lunghi)

Method

Put the pasta on to cook following pack instructions.

When there is about 6-7 minutes left to cook, heat up the oil in a frying pan, heat the chopped garlic for a minute or so, add the prawns and fry for a couple of minutes.  Add the white wine and bubble.  When the prawns are nearly cooked, add the tomatoes and squid and cook until the squid is opaque (should only be a minute or so.)  Take off the heat and add the parsley and season.



Mix in the cooked, drained pasta and serve.

So full of the flavours of the sea and spring.  Delicious.

I've linked this up to recipe of the week.

Link up your recipe of the week

I've entered this into the Family Foodies Italian Challenge

family-foodies

4 comments:

  1. I love seafood pasta and I think that your use of frusilli lunghi is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This is so easy to make as well.

      Delete
  2. This dish is making my mouth water big time. I absolutely love seafood pasta - perfect entry for the latest Family Foodies challenge. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.