Monday 29 September 2014

Stilton and Spinach 'pesto'

Pesto obviously should not contain, well, any of the ingredients I've included here but I'm currently playing around with pasta and different ways to make it super quick.  I love a bit of Stilton and it occurred to me that Stilton and Walnuts are such a classic combination.  Basil though would be far too much and would overpower the blue cheese flavour so I plumped for spinach.

I liked it, see what you think.  Obviously this is Italian food via the English Midlands!

Stilton pesto


Stilton and Spinach Pesto - Serves 1

Ingredients

15g, 1/2 oz Stilton (mature has the best flavour), weight with crust removed
15g, 1/2 oz Walnuts
30g, 1oz Spinach

Method

Boil some pasta of your choice until cooked (check at least one minute before the pack time as often in the UK pasta cooking times are far too long.)

In the meantime, use a stick blender or small food processor to make the ingredients into a paste.

Spinach pesto


Once the pasta is cooked, drain, reserving some of the cooking water.  Mix in the 'pesto' with some of the retained cooking water.

Serve.
I've linked this up to recipe of the week



Link up your recipe of the week

4 comments:

  1. This is my kind of meal - simple, quick to make but delicious! #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It's certainly full of flavour...

      Delete
  2. Welcome to Weekend Bites I really love the recipes you shared with us. Looking forward to seeing more. Pinned them all.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.