Friday 11 March 2016

Crayfish and Spinach Linguine

I was so hungry.  I had done a 3 mile run after breakfast of yogurt and I was so hungry.  I love linguine, love it, love it, love it.  It has a delicious way of being easy to cook but still keep al dente.  I always think we should rethink pasta as well.  It doesn't have to be covered in thick gloopy sauces, it can be light, fresh and super quick.


I came up with this idea realising I wanted to eat within 10 minutes (my linguine were cooked in 6) and wanting a bit of something tasty and lovely.  The small crayfish I used were inexpensive and so tasty and juicy.  You could always use prawns though if you prefer.


Crayfish and spinach linguine - Serves 1

Ingredients

1 tsp Olive oil
1 Clove garlic
A pinch of chilli flakes
125g, 4.5oz Cooked, peeled crayfish
A large handful of baby leaf spinach
A pinch of coarse sea salt

Linguine to serve

Method

Put the pasta on to cook.

In the meantime gently cook the garlic in the oil without allowing to brown for a couple of minutes, add the chilli then add in the crayfish and gently warm through.

When the pasta is cooked, mix with the crayfish and a little pasta water, season with salt and take off the heat.  Stir in the coarsely chopped baby spinach just before serving so it retains it's shape and serve.

Deliciousness and super fast food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.