Thursday 31 December 2015

Great New Years Eve Nibbles

I'm currently trying to think of a menu for tonight so I thought I'd share with you some ideas I was having.

First plan, pakoras.  These are great because I can cook them earlier then reheat them when I'm ready (much better than hot fat when prosecco might have been involved and smells much better.)


The only downside is what to go with them?  Have a sit down meal with dhal and chicken tikka or go for a full on nibble fest?  Well scroll down for some more suggestions but in the meantime, let's continue with the appetisers.


I do love tempura and despite the last minute frying, I am still tempted.  The lovely crunch with some sweet chilli sauce is so tasty.


You can also sneak in some vegetables as well (albeit fried vegetables.)

Then of course there are Thai Fish cakes...


But then Spain is the country which does nibbles best.  Maybe some Prawn tapas...


And some small pieces of pan con tomate with some patatas bravas?


But I just love prawns... I could do Prawn Satay


or smaller versions of prawn and pineapple skewers.


Or stick with something more traditional with cheese straws...


Or perhaps some lovely quesadillas?



To narrow it all down, I thought I'd split this into "menus" for you with a few more ideas as a spark of inspiration!  I hope it helps:

Tapas Menu
Prawn Tapas
Pan con tomate
Patatas Bravas
Bowls of olives
Spanish tortilla (omelette)
Chickpea and chorizo salad

An Indian menu
Pakoras
Chicken tikka
Onion Bhajis
Mini naan breads
Paneer tikka
Kachumber
Indian carrot salad
Mango chutney

South Asian Style Menu
Prawn and pineapple skewers
Prawn satay
Thai style fish cakes
Sweet chilli dipping sauce
Prawn crackers
Bought spring rolls
Crunchy vegetables for dipping

European Menu
Feta and pepper dip
Cheese straws
Crisps
Crudites
Frittata
Tomato and goats cheese tart
Prawn cocktail

South American Style Menu
Quesadillas
Mini mexican sausages with guacamole
Salsa
Pineapple salsa
Tortilla chips
Pepper strips for dipping
Fruit salsa for dessert

2 comments:

  1. ooooooo you temptress! and after I had cooked all afternoon too ! Arghhh.. love the idea of the Indian pakoras and tempura fried things Mmmmm.... great posting. Thank you and Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not often I'm called a temptress! Happy new year. x

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.