Friday 16 September 2016

Chicken Salad

A lovely chicken salad with crunchy apple and celery.  It's so filling and delicious.


Chicken Salad - Serves 1

Ingredients

1 stick of Celery
1/2 Apple
100g, 3.5oz Cooked chicken
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
30g, 1oz Walnuts
60g, 2oz Seedless grapes

Method

Chop the celery and apple.  Add to the chopped up chicken, mayo, mustard.  Add in the walnuts and grapes.

Mix together, add seasoning if liked and serve.


This would also be a great jar salad.  Mix the mayonnaise with the apple if you are going to serve it later and layer up.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great recipe I love chicken salads. I have been trying to eat better and this will definately be worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too. The chicken makes it more filling and substantial I think.

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious and I love the idea of adding grapes to it too x x

    Thanks for linking up with #FiveFrugalThings last week. We'd love to see you again this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem and I forgot one of my frugal things! I finally managed to root some lemongrass I bought in the supermarket... I'm now using the leaves as it grows as a substitute for using the stem. :-)

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.