Sunday 17 January 2016

Make changes in your life today

When you first start thinking about changing in your life, it's easy to put things off.


Today seems too hard.  "I'll just have one last cupcake" if that's what you're doing or "I'll have one last glass of wine", "I'll exercise tomorrow."

Well carpe diem.  If the first day is always "tomorrow", then it will never happen.  Never.  How many years will we spend dissatisfied with our own behaviours in life before we change them?  It can be a disturbingly long time.

There is always a reason, or rather an excuse.  Today I had the option to go running but there was 2 inches of snow on the ground.  I backed out, said it was ok, I didn't need the two people who offered to look after my son while I got out, then when out sledging with my son saw someone still doing his normal run.  I realised later how proud I would have been if I'd done the same.


There is always pressure in life, always "something going on" whether it's at work or at home.  Always a reason you're tired or need a reward of that chocolate or that beer or that you're too tired to work out.  Before you know it the lack of exercise and diet make you feel more sluggish and demotivated.

It's tricky and this is much a message of self motivation as an urging to readers to do the same.  We all have times we slip back, slip into bad or self destructive habits.  The key is to recognise them and take ownership of our health and well-being.  Seize the day, we never know how many we have left.  So much better to spend our time on this planet breathing the air, eating the foods which help our bodies and make us smile and being happy in our heads and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.